Sunday, August 22, 2010

So Very Blessed

This past Friday Dean turned 2 months old. I have officially been a mom for 2 whole months and thru all the tears and emotional rollercoasters (I hate rollercoasters by the way) I am loving every minute of it. Everyday I am reminded that I am so blessed to have had a pretty decent pregnancy, a super easy delivery and fabulous family and friends to share Dean with.
I have learned lots of things in these last 2 months. I shall list a few of them in bulleted form cause I like to read bullets.

  • I can go 2 days without showering or leaving the house
  • Sleep is for sissies
  • I have an awesome husband (ok so I didn't just learn this but I just wanted re-enforce what was already the obvious)
  • The smell of a clean baby is way better than puppy breath
  • I didn't know that a child could poop so much!
  • There is no such thing as running a "quick" errand
  • Spit up is my new fragrance
  • I didn't know I could love as much as I love my men

On another note, I currently have 2 friends that are dealing with some "womanly" issues. They are both wonderful girls who will be excellent mommies someday. Both of these young ladies have positive attitudes about their situations but I know that somewhere, either in the past or the future, there will be lots of tears and doubts about having children. I love both these girls very much and I pray that God grants them children of their own. I have felt guilty at times bringing my son to events. They say its ok but I can't help but kinda hurt for them. I just have to believe that Gods plan for them will play out in time. I can say so far, that the outlook for both of my friends looks good.

2 comments:

  1. Tere, warn a sister before you go writing something all mushy about them :) Haha! Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers, and support while were all on this journey together. AND, don't you ever feel guilty about bringing that precious baby boy around your friends! God gives us a peace in our hearts that allows us to deal with these situations....not only that, but holding your precious lil' thing is quite a "therapeutic" experience :) You are a beautiful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap... seriously warn a sista! :) I love LOVE you Tere, and same for Rodney, and absolutely without a doubt in my mind love that little boy, and like i told you the other night - he is the light at the end of our tunnels. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers too and am so glad that I have such a great group of friends to be so supportive. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete