Saturday, September 11, 2010

So today is September 11. An infamous day in American history. On Facebook today, I posted that 9 years ago today I was getting ready for my biomechanics class at Missouri Southern State College when I found out about the attacks. I posed this question to everyone: "Where what were you doing when the towers fell?" So many people of my generation know exactly where they were and what they were doing. Funny thing is, is that almost every generation has had some sort of national tragedy that they can recount where they were and exactly what they were doing when the event happened. I can remember my mother telling me what she was doing when Kennedy was assassinated.

It's sad that we have those memories, that an event of that magnitude will leave a concrete mark on us. It's inevitable that it will happen again. I hope I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment